These Translations Suck

Since I don't have enough useless hobbies (this is a lie), I've taken to inventing translations for Japanese comics. The results are here for you to enjoy or mock.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

nELYgima! Volume 1 Chapter 1 Pages 38-39

Man. It's been a while since I've posted a spread. The delay has two causes. The first is homework, which is evil. The more important cause is the need to actually translate the pages. See, my translation process works as follows:
  1. Stare at the physical, untranslated pages for a while.
  2. Spend some time figuring out what the heck to say.
  3. Write that down somewhere.
  4. Lose the paper. Swear. Repeat steps 1-3, this time typing the results into the computer and saving the file.
  5. Scan a bazillion pages in one run.
  6. Take a page and erase the original text from it.
  7. Insert new text.
  8. Post it to the net.
  9. Repeat steps 6-9 for a while. Then start over.
The point I'm trying to make is that I have, at present, totally run out of pretranslated material. I shall therefore not post any more pages until I've set up a big enough buffer of translated text. With luck, I should be able to get that done over the weekend, but I make no promises. In the meantime, enjoy.

Pages 38-39

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home