These Translations Suck

Since I don't have enough useless hobbies (this is a lie), I've taken to inventing translations for Japanese comics. The results are here for you to enjoy or mock.

Friday, August 26, 2005

nELYgima! Volume 1 Chapter 1 Pages 12-13

There are a couple things I should note about this spread. You may notice that the page number at the bottom says 14, yet I call it page 12. Why is this? Quite simple: the book page numbers count the title page and the table of contents. I don't. Therefore, the page numbers in the images will be different from my page numbers. They will be further apart when I get into Chapter 2 and so on, as I'm going to restart the counting with each chapter.
Additionally, in the second frame on the right page, the double word bubble is cut off somewhat. Were it not cut off, it would be possible to see that the smaller bubble is ascribed to the black-haired girl (though technically she's a brunette). Since it is cut off, though, you can't really tell. I figured it'd work anyway, since she seems to be talking in that panel.
Finally, I just noticed about a minute ago that the supposedly full-size images are actually being slightly scaled down by Blogger. For example, the version of this spread that's on the site has dimensions of 1024x800. However, I uploaded a file with dimensions of 1264x988. This has been happening with all of the spreads, though not the single pages. While this isn't too big of a change, it does make some of the smaller text slightly harder to read. Thankfully it hasn't, as of yet, made anything completely illegible. Since I'm not going to make any smaller text than I've already been making, I don't think I have to worry about this. If you want the full size versions, you can do one of two things: email me and ask for them or wait until I finish the chapter, at which point I'll put them all in a Zip file and host them somewhere.
Uh, yeah. Enough of my talking! Enjoy this spread!

Pages 12-13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home