These Translations Suck

Since I don't have enough useless hobbies (this is a lie), I've taken to inventing translations for Japanese comics. The results are here for you to enjoy or mock.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

nELYgima! Volume 1 Chapter 1 Pages 30-31

WOW did this page ever suck. EIGHT bubbleless groupings of speech. Had it not been for them, this would have been up sooner. These were so bad that I resorted to putting a colored box over the original text for two of them, something I've been trying to avoid doing. This just wasn't fair.
HOWEVER, this is probably the hardest spread I'll be doing for a while, meaning that the next spreads should be up in much less time than this one was. WOOO!
In this spread, you may notice that a very small character is translated as "The sound of several people forgetting what just happened". Well, what can I say? The Japanese have some really simple ways of saying really complex things.
You may also notice that "!?" is Japanese for "?!". While I didn't know it at the time of translation, this is actually true. Seriously, pick up the English version and find this spread. They did the exact same thing I did, excepting the minor fact that they erased the original, first. Now that's funny.

Pages 30-31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home